Self-guided tours in Romania
Want to go hiking in Romania, but don’t have the time or energy to put a trip together? I’ll happily help you with that! I offer self-guided tours in Romania that are fully custom made. Mountain ranges include, but are not limited to, the Bucegi, the Piatra Craiului, the Apuseni and the Retezat. So what does a self-guided tour package contain?
What will you get?
- detailed descriptions of the route and individual stages, including directions, total distance, total ascent/descent, difficulty, waymarking, water sources and supply points
- info on (public) transport to the start and finish point of your hike from your Romanian city of choice
- accommodation info (huts, camping spots, pensions)
- a list of useful words & phrases in Romanian
- top sights and attractions in the area
- gpx files of all the route stages
- pictures taken on your route of choice
What does it cost?
It’s up to you!
- one-day hike: €30
- two-day hike: €55
- three-day hike: €75
- four-day hike: €90
- five-day hike: €100
- + €15 for each additional day (up to seven days in total)
How do you get it?
Fill out the application form here. After confirmation and payment you will receive the package digitally; it will consist of a pdf file and gpx files. You can get it either in English or in Dutch. Please allow at least three weeks for processing – again, your package will be custom made. Do request your package at least one month before your travels.